Mango Lime Cheesecake
Indulge in this tropical Mango Lime Cheesecake that'll transport your taste buds straight to paradise. With its creamy filling and zesty citrus twist, this dessert is a true crowd-pleaser.
for 8 servings
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup butter (50 g), melted
- 3 large mangoes, or 6 small yellow mangos, peeled & diced
- 32 oz cream cheese (900 g), at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar (225 g)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 lime zests
- 1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
- 2 lime juices
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Calories 751
- Fat 54g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place biscuits into a ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin until crumbled.
- Pour crumbs into a bowl, along with sugar and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Pour crust mix into a 9-inch (23 cm) springform cake pan. Use a measuring up to press into the base and partially up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Using a blender, puree mangos until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time until combined. Mix in 500 milliliters (2 cups) mango puree, and lime zest, whisking until combined.
- Pour cheesecake filling into cooled crust. Lower oven to 160°C (325°F) bake for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Centre will still by jiggly. Increase temperature to 190°C (375°F).
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and lime juice. Spread the sweetened sour cream on top of the cheesecake.
- Use remaining mango puree to decorate the top. Create your own pattern of dots, using a toothpick to swirl the pattern.
- Return cheesecake to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool inside with the oven door cracked for 1 hour.
- Cover the top of the pan with clingfilm and chill overnight in the fridge before serving.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.