89% would make again
Mix-And-Match Swirl Cookies
featured in 31 Cookie Recipes
Inspired by tasty.co
for 6 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 g), softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (345 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup peanut butter (120 g)
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup strawberry jam (80 g)
- ¼ cup cream cheese (55 g)
- ½ cup chocolate cookie wafer (50 g)
- ½ cup cookie cream filling (115 g)
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles (80 g)
- ½ cup white chocolate (85 g), melted
- Calories 1042
- Fat 62g
- Carbs 109g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 58g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until the dough is crumbly, but holds together when squeezed.
- Split the base dough in half, add your desired mix-ins, and incorporate them fully.
- We used chocolate hazelnut spread and cocoa powder for one half and peanut butter for the other.
- Roll out each dough between two sheets of parchment paper until it’s ¼-inch (6-mm) thick. Chill both doughs for 30 minutes.
- Place one half of flavored dough on top of the other and start to roll up the doughs into a swirl. Wrap the roll in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until solid, about 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, unwrap the dough, slice into ½-inch (1 cm) thick coins, and place them on the baking sheet at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart, as the cookies will spread while baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Try additional combinations.