95% would make again
One-Pot Swedish Meatball Pasta
featured in 1 Lb Ground Beef, 4 Easy Dinners
for 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs (55 g)
- ½ onion, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups beef broth (480 mL)
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups egg noodle (400 g)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (110 g)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (15 g), chopped
- Calories 1226
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 130g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 63g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, ½ tablespoon salt, and ½ tablespoon pepper, mixing until evenly combined.
- Heat the canola oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Take about a golf-ball size of the meatball mixture and roll it into balls. Place the meatballs into the pot, cooking for one minute. Flip the meatballs.
- Add the beef broth, milk, remaining ½ tablespoon salt, remaining ½ tablespoon pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and give it a stir.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the egg noodles. Stir constantly until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a sauce that coats the noodles, about seven to eight minutes.
- Add the parmesan and the parsley, stirring until the cheese is melted.