76% would make again
One-Pot Vegan Swedish "Meatball" Pasta
featured in Easy Vegan One-Pot Dinners
Inspired by connoisseurusveg.com
for 8 servings
- 8 oz cremini mushroom (225 g), finely chopped
- 15 oz cannellini bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups panko breadcrumbs (60 g)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (20 g), finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth (720 mL)
- 14 oz full-fat coconut milk (395 mL), 1 can
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g)
- 4 cups bow tie pasta (400 g), or pasta of choice
- fresh parsley, for ganish
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 902
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 112g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, beans, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, dried rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, nutmeg, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a fork, mashing the beans a bit to form a paste.
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Roll the “meatball” mixture and into golf ball-sized balls. Place the balls in the pot and cook for 1 minute on each side until browned.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and flour, and gently stir until evenly combined.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the pasta. Stir constantly until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a sauce that coats the noodles and meatballs, 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.