for 4 servings
- 6.75 oz rice noodle (200 g)
- water, for soaking
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ lb shiitake mushroom (75 g), minced
- 1 tablespoon annatto powder
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth (720 mL)
- 1 shrimp bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shrimp (100 g), boiled
- 4 oz firm tofu (120 g), sliced into ½-inch (1.24 cm) cubes and fried
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced crosswise
- ⅓ cup fried shallots (30 g)
- ¼ cup scallions (35 g), sliced
- ⅓ cup bonito flakes (30 g)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Calories 1024
- Fat 58g
- Carbs 99g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Add the noodles to a medium bowl. Cover with water and soak for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 1–2 minutes or until tender, then drain. Spread the noodles on a large platter.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook shiitake mushrooms until golden brown and slightly crispy, 5–6 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the annatto powder and toast for 30–45 seconds, or until the oil turns orange. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the vegetable broth and shrimp bouillon and whisk until incorporated. Stir in the fish sauce, salt, and black pepper, then return the mushrooms to the pot and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and top with the shrimp, fried tofu, bonito flakes, fried shallots, hard-boiled eggs, and scallions. Garnish with the lemon slices and serve immediately.