86% would make again
Passion Fruit Flan
featured in Homemade Versions Of Fancy Desserts
for 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ⅓ cup passion fruit juice (80 mL), + 2 tbsp.
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream (415 mL)
- 1 cup whole milk (235 mL)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 8 ramekins
- Calories 251
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour a cup of sugar (200g) and ⅓ cups (80ml) of passion fruit juice into a saucepan over a medium heat. Let the sugar melt and form a golden color. Don't over stir. Take off the heat.
- Spoon the caramel into each ramekin, and swirl it around so the bottom is covered. Set aside to cool.
- In another saucepan, heat heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and two tablespoons of passion fruit juice. Stir until well mixed and hot.
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, eggs, and gradually pour in the hot passion fruit cream mixture until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture through a sieve to make the mixture smooth.
- Place the ramekins into a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Pour the mixture into the ramekins and bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 45 minutes.
- Let the flan cool outside the oven, and then refrigerate it for at least two hours.
- When you're ready to serve the flan, run a knife around the edges to loosen, place a dish over the top of the ramekin and quickly invert it.