95% would make again
Pigs In A Pretzel Blanket
featured in 5 Easy And Delicious Pretzel Appetizers
for 10 servings
- 1 package cocktail frank, mini hot dogs
- 1 lb pizza dough (455 g), 1 ball
- 5 cups water (1 L)
- ¼ cup baking soda (50 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- sea salt, to taste
- Calories 127
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature.
- Cut the dough into strips and stretch/roll out.
- Roll up mini hotdogs in pizza dough so the dough wraps around twice - leaving the ends sticking out and cutting off any excess.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet until ready to boil.
- Bring water to a light boil. Add in Baking Soda.
- Once dissolved, boil wrapped hot dogs in water mixture for 20-30 seconds each (working in small batches).
- Remove and place back on baking tray. Brush each lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425˚F (220˚C) for 15-20 minutes until the dough is nicely browned.