Pineapple Fried Rice
Say aloha to this tropical Pineapple Fried Rice that'll transport your taste buds straight to the islands! With a delightful mix of sweet pineapple, savory soy sauce, and a hint of curry, this dish is a one-way ticket to paradise.
for 2 servings
- 1 pineapple
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ lb king prawn (200 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ¾ cups rice (400 g), cooked
- 1 cup mixed vegetable (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Calories 893
- Fat 63g
- Carbs 48g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut the pineapple in half lengthways.
- Using the tip of a knife, cut around the edge of the pineapple being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Slice down and across the pineapple flesh then scoop out the pineapple cubes with a spoon. Discard the core and set the flesh aside.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over a medium heat. Fry the beaten eggs in a hot wok.
- Once cooked, push the eggs to a side and add in the prawns to the other side.
- Fry until the prawns are just cooked. Remove eggs and prawns from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the wok until smoking hot and pour in 6 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the garlic, chilli, and onion and stir until fragrant.
- Add in the rice and vegetables, and fry until rice turns slightly brown and the veggies are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the cooked eggs and prawns, add in the fish sauce and the prepared pineapple flesh and stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Serve in the empty pineapple halves, along with some lime juice and spring onions.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.