94% would make again
Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice
featured in Post-Workout Recovery Meals
for 4 servings
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (450 g)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp (455 g), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas (150 g), thawed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- green onion, for garnish
- Calories 251
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until broken into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. Toss in the carrots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and shrimp and sautée until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and cauliflower rice and mix until the cauliflower has warmed through.
- Move the contents of the pan to the side to create a well in the center. Pour in the eggs and slowly scraped the cooked bits off the bottom of the pan to scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are almost finished cooking, mix everything in the pan together.
- Season the cauliflower with white pepper and soy sauce, give one last good mix to combine and serve with a garnish of sliced green onion.