featured in 9 Crazy Easy Ways to Cook Eggs
Served over toast or bacon, this is the ultimate breakfast indulgence.The delicate white and runny yolk create a perfect textural harmony.
May 04, 2023
96% would make again
for 1 serving
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 90
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer to reach poaching temperature, between 160–180°F (71–82°C).
- Stir the water in a clockwise direction to create a whirlpool. Once the water slows down slightly, crack the egg into the center of the whirlpool. Let the egg cook until the white fully sets and the yolk is no longer runny, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon, pat dry on paper towels, sprinkle salt and pepper (optional).
- Serve with your favorite breakfast items.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.