Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
November 09, 2020
95% would make again
for 15 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- ½ cup light brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (240 g)
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chip (255 g), divided
- Calories 186
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly with nonstick spray, then line with parchment paper and grease again lightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, McCormick® Ground Nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium speed for 3–4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla, then blend in the pumpkin purée until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in all but 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 3 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan, then use the parchment to lift out the bars and cut into 15 squares.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.