Pumpkin Pie With Maple Pecan Crumble
featured in 5 Pies For Your Holiday Season
Elevate your pumpkin pie game with this maple pecan crumble topping. A buttery crumble of pecans and oats adds a crunchy texture to the classic spiced pumpkin filling.
May 04, 2023
93% would make again
for 8 servings
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree (425 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup (170 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared pie crust
Maple Pecan Crumble
- 1 ½ cups pecans (185 g)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g), plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Calories 313
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and salt.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, heavy cream, and vanilla. Slowly stir until evenly incorporated.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan and crimp the edges.
- Carefully pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C) and bake for 40 minutes more, until set. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble: In a medium bowl, combine the pecans, ¼ cup maple syrup, and the salt. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Transfer the caramelized pecans to a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Transfer the crushed pecans to a bowl and toss with the remaining tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Top the cooled pie with the pecan crumble.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.