Overnight Praline French Toast
Wake up to a delightful morning with this Overnight Praline French Toast! A scrumptious combination of buttery praline sauce and fluffy French toast, this dish is perfect for a stress-free breakfast or brunch.
for 6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups half & half (590 mL)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 salt, pinch
- 1 loaf bread, brioche or challah, sliced 1-inch (2 cm) thick
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 1 cup pecan (125 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ground nutmeg, pinch
- 1 salt, pinch
- 1 maple syrup, to serve
- Calories 430
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 35g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, half & half, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch of salt. Whisk to combine.
- Line bread in a greased 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Cover the baking dish in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and remove the foil. Top the French toast with the praline, and place foil back on
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until puffed and slightly golden.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.