84% would make again
Red Wine Pasta
featured in Unexpected Cooking Techniques
for 4 servings
- 2 cups red wine (480 mL)
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- salt, to taste
- 16 oz spaghetti (455 g)
PINE NUT SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup pine nuts (35 g)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Calories 610
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 97g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour the red wine and water into a medium pan. Season with salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add the spaghetti.
- Cook until most of the red wine is absorbed by the pasta, 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the pasta to a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the sauce until the butter starts to brown, then add the pasta.
- Mix the sauce and pasta together.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.