Serrano Honey Cornbread
Bite into the perfect blend of sweet and spicy with this Serrano Honey Cornbread. This scrumptious side dish will have your taste buds dancing with delight as you savor the kick of serrano peppers and the sweetness of honey.
for 4 servings
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- 1 cup cornmeal (160 g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup honey (60 g), plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 cup fresh corn (140 g), or frozen
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and finely diced
- flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Calories 284
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch square baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add 6 tablespoons of the melted butter, the eggs, milk, and ¼ cup honey and whisk until the batter is smooth. Fold in the corn and serranos.
- Pour the cornbread batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake the cornbread for 30–35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is fully cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 tablespoons of honey until combined.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and pour the honey butter over the top. Let sit for 10 minutes, then garnish with flaky sea salt.
- Serve warm.