93% would make again
Simple Dinner Rolls
featured in 3 Amazing Homemade Bread Recipes
Freshly baked dinner rolls are always a hit, and these simple dinner rolls are no exception. Soft and buttery, they're the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
May 05, 2023
for 8 rolls
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ⅓ cups flour (415 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Calories 255
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine water, olive oil, honey, salt, flour, yeast, and water in a large bowl.
- Mix well and knead for 10-15 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise once for 1 hour in a warm place, until the dough has doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Cut the dough into 8 portions and shape into balls.
- Place balls onto greased cast-iron pan and cover for 30 additional minutes with a towel or plastic wrap.
- Uncover and brush each with egg wash.
- Bake or 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.