90% would make again
Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder Cornbread Chili
featured in 4 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners
for 5 servings
- 2 lb pork shoulder (905 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 can kidney bean, drained
- ½ cup tomato (100 g), diced
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce (120 mL)
- 1 box cornbread mix, prepared according to instructions
- cheddar cheese, to top, optional
- Calories 511
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the pork shoulder, seasoned salt, cumin, kidney beans, tomato, onion, and enchilada sauce in a 7-quart (6 ½ liters) slow cooker. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Dollop prepared cornbread evenly over mixture. Cook an additional hour.
- Serve and top with cheddar cheese if desired.