87% would make again
for 8 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb lean ground beef (910 g)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jar Pace® Picante Sauce, divided
- 1 ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mexican cheese blend (400 g), divided
- ¼ cup mexican crema (60 mL), plus 2 tablespoons, divided (option to use sour cream)
- ¹¹⁄₂ cup refried beans
- 12 oz tortilla chips (360 g)
- ½ cup Pace® Chunky Salsa (165 g)
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Calories 900
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9x13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and ½ cup ( Pace® Picante Sauce until well combined, then bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, ½ cup (55 G) shredded Mexican cheese, and ¼ cup crema.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread 1½ cups (225 G) of the seasoned beef in the baking dish, then dollop ¾ cup (180 G) of the ricotta mixture and ½ cup (120 G) of the refried beans on top. Cover with a third of the tortilla chips, pressing down gently to nestle the chips into the filling. Drizzle the chips with ½ cup (168 g) Pace® Picante Sauce, and 1 cup (100 G) Mexican cheese. Repeat to make 2 more layers, using 1 cup (336 G) Pace® Picante Sauce and 1½ cups (150 G) Mexican cheese for the final layer of each.
- Bake for 20–24 minutes, or until the layers have melted together and the cheese on top is browned.
- Drizzle the lasagna with the Pace® Chunky Salsa, remaining 2 tablespoons crema, the jalapeño slices, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.