Make-Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas
These make-ahead breakfast enchiladas are the perfect way to start your day. The combination of eggs, cheese, and bacon creates a hearty and flavorful breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 2 lb bacon (910 g), cooked,chopped
- 3 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (350 g), divided
- ½ cup green onion (75 g), diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro, to serve
- avocado, sliced, to serve
- 1 cup grape tomato (200 g), halved, to serve
- salsa, to serve
- Calories 1185
- Fat 82g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 72g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, 2 cups (200 grams) of cheese, onions, and garlic powder. Distribute half of the mixture to a small bowl.
- Spoon a heaping spoonful of bacon mixture at the bottom of each tortilla.
- Fold the ends of the tortilla over the mixture and continue to roll, tightly.
- Place tortillas seam side down into a greased casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk together remaining bacon mixture, 6 eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Cover with foil, and store in fridge overnight, or until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Bake enchiladas for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove the foil and top enchiladas with 1 ½ cups (150 grams) of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and avocado, if desired.
- Serve warm with tomatoes and salsa, if desired.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.