Enchilada Stuffed Shells
These enchilada stuffed shells are a fun twist on a classic dish! The spicy and cheesy filling pairs perfectly with the pasta shells.
May 04, 2023
96% would make again
for 12 shells
- 12 shells jumbo pasta shell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup white onion (75 g), chopped
- ¼ cup green chile (40 g)
- 1 cup chicken (125 g), shredded
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- ½ cup queso fresco (60 g)
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese (50 g), shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallions, for garnish
- 10 oz green enchilada sauce (285 g)
- Calories 137
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring water to a boil. Cook the pasta shells until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside to cool.
- Pour the oil in a pan, then add the onions and cook on medium heat until softened. Add the green chiles, chicken, and spices and stir to combine. Cook on low heat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Place chicken mixture in a bowl. Add ricotta, queso fresco, and monterey jack and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stuff each shell with a large spoonful of the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with a thin layer of green enchilada sauce. Place the pasta shells in the dish in a single layer.
- Cover with the rest of the enchilada sauce and some additional queso fresco and monterey jack.
- Bake for 30 minutes (or until the cheese has melted and the sauce begins to bubble around the edges). Top with scallions.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.