87% would make again
6-Minute Microwave Lasagna
featured in 6-Min Vs. 60-Min Vs. 6-Hour Lasagna
Making lasagna has never been easier! With the help of the microwave, you can have lasagna in no time at all! We par-cook the noodles to ensure they’re cooked through and tender before layering with marinara sauce and a blend of cheeses. We kept our version vegetarian with spinach, but feel free to experiment with other ingredients, like cooked ground beef or sausage.
June 30, 2021
for 1 serving
- 2 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups hot water (360 mL), or as needed
- ⅓ cup whole milk ricotta cheese (80 g)
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach (10 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup marinara sauce (165 g)
- ½ cup shredded italian cheese blend (50 g)
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish - optional
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish - optional
- dried basil, for garnish
- Calories 458
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Break the lasagna noodle sheets into roughly 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a medium microwave-safe bowl or large mug and pour in enough hot water to cover the noodles by 1 inch. Microwave for 3 minutes on high power under tender. 2.
- Drain the noodles.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, spinach, and salt.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce into the bottom of a large mug. Add a layer of noodles. Spread 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture over the noodles in an even layer. Top with 1 tablespoon shredded Italian cheese and then another 1 tablespoon marinara. Repeat with remaining ingredients. For the final layer, top the noodles with 2 tablespoons of marinara and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Microwave for about 3 minutes, until the noodles are cooked through and the cheese is melted. Let sit for 1–2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh basil, Parmesan, and dried basil, if desired, and serve.