6-Minute Microwave Lasagna
Making lasagna has never been easier! With the help of the microwave, you can have lasagna in no time at all! We par-cook the noodles to ensure they’re cooked through and tender before layering with marinara sauce and a blend of cheeses. We kept our version vegetarian with spinach, but feel free to experiment with other ingredients, like cooked ground beef or sausage.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
- 2 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups hot water (360 mL), or as needed
- ⅓ cup whole milk ricotta cheese (80 g)
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach (10 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup marinara sauce (165 g)
- ½ cup shredded italian cheese blend (50 g)
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish - optional
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish - optional
- dried basil, for garnish
- Calories 458
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Break the lasagna noodle sheets into roughly 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a medium microwave-safe bowl or large mug and pour in enough hot water to cover the noodles by 1 inch. Microwave for 3 minutes on high power under tender. 2.
- Drain the noodles.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, spinach, and salt.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce into the bottom of a large mug. Add a layer of noodles. Spread 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture over the noodles in an even layer. Top with 1 tablespoon shredded Italian cheese and then another 1 tablespoon marinara. Repeat with remaining ingredients. For the final layer, top the noodles with 2 tablespoons of marinara and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Microwave for about 3 minutes, until the noodles are cooked through and the cheese is melted. Let sit for 1–2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh basil, Parmesan, and dried basil, if desired, and serve.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here