Loaded Chicken Enchilada Nachos
These loaded chicken enchilada nachos are an excellent choice for a festive game day or movie night. They feature all the classic flavors of chicken enchiladas, layered on top of crispy tortilla chips and topped with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded chicken (300 g)
- tortilla chip
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend (200 g)
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- 1 tomato, diced
- fresh cilantro, optional
- queso fresco, optional
- Calories 334
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the oil and flour. Whisk together and cook gently until it resembles wet sand, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and whisk. Add chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Bring up to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside. Reserve ½ cup (120 ml).
- Toss the shredded chicken with about ½ cup (120 ml) of the reserved sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place a layer of tortilla chips in a skillet or bake dish. Add a layer of cheese and half the chicken mixture. Drizzle some enchilada sauce over the top.
- Add a second layer of tortilla chips followed by another layer of cheese and the remaining chicken. Drizzle with sauce.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, diced tomato, cilantro, and crumbled queso fresco. Serve immediately.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.