98% would make again
Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
featured in Top 5 Pasta Recipes
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth (600 mL)
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream (600 mL)
- 1 lb penne pasta (200 g), uncooked
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (220 g)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 1227
- Fat 77g
- Carbs 83g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 58g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a pot, heat oil and add chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, then brown the chicken.
- Add broth, heavy cream, and pasta, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15-20 min.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1 ½ cups (165 grams) of parmesan cheese.
- Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7 inch or 9×13 inch (28x18 cm or 33x23 cm) baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup (115 grams) of mozzarella cheese.
- Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella (115 grams) and ½ cup (55 grams) of parmesan.
- Broil 10 - 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh parsley.