Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 4 large eggs
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 16 oz Bush’s® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans (465 g), warmed on the stovetop
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 1083
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 188g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 47g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the harissa onions: Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5–8 minutes, until the onion is browned and very soft. Add the salt and harissa and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant and well-combined. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low heat to maintain a simmer. Crack each egg into its own ramekin. Use a spoon to stir the water to create a whirlpool, then drop the eggs into the center, one by one. Poach the eggs for 4 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Top the toasted bread with the harissa onions and warm Bush’s® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans. Top each portion with a poached egg, then sprinkle with the chives and salt and pepper to taste.