95% would make again
Spicy Tuna Roll
featured in American Style Sushi Dinner for 2
Inspired by facebook.com
for 4 servings
- 2 cups sushi rice (460 g), cooked
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar (60 mL)
- 4 half sheets sushi grade nori
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons sriracha
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Calories 384
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 53g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the sushi rice with the rice vinegar, fanning and stirring until room temperature.
- On the rolling mat place one sheet of nori with the rough side facing upwards.
- In a small bowl, combine tuna filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. Spread the rice evenly throughout the nori without smushing the rice down.
- Arrange, in a horizontal row 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the bottom, a large spoonful of the tuna filling.
- Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to keep the roll from holding its shape.
- Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into six equal portions.