92% would make again
featured in American Style Sushi Dinner for 2
Sushi lovers will appreciate the creamy and flavorful Philadelphia Roll, filled with silky smoked salmon and creamy cream cheese, and wrapped in perfectly seasoned sushi rice and nori seaweed.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 cups sushi rice (460 g)
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar (60 mL)
- 4 half sheets sushi grade nori
- 4 oz smoked salmon (115 g)
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g), cut into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Calories 446
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 56g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the sushi rice with the rice vinegar, fanning and stirring until room temperature.
- On the rolling mat place one sheet of nori with the rough side facing upwards.
- Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. Spread the rice evenly throughout the nori without smushing the rice down.
- Arrange, in a horizontal row 1 inch (2 cm) from the bottom, smoked salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber.
- Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to keep the roll from holding its shape.
- Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into six equal portions.