Steak, Egg, And Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
This breakfast sandwich is the perfect hearty and filling meal to start your day. Made with juicy steak, fluffy scrambled eggs, and melted cheese on a fluffy biscuit, it's a breakfast that's sure to satisfy.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb rib eye steak (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 biscuits, split in half
- Calories 570
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Generously the season steak on both sides with the McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning . Press the seasoning into the meat.
- Heat a greased cast-iron skillet over high heat. When hot, add the steak. Sear on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side, until meat is cooked to desired temperature. Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
- While the steak is resting, prepare the eggs. Whisk 1 egg with ½ teaspoon water, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. (This step will be repeated with each of the 4 eggs).
- Heat a nonstick skillet over low heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in the pan. Pour in the beaten egg and tilt the pan so the egg coats the pan in an even layer. Place 1 slice of cheese in the center. Use a spatula to fold the sides of the egg over the cheese until you have a square with the cheese covered in the middle. Slide the egg onto a biscuit. Top with a few slices of steak and the top biscuit half.
- Repeat with the rest of the eggs, biscuits, and steak.
- Serve immediately.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here