Taco Mac And Cheese
Say hello to Taco Mac and Cheese, a scrumptious fusion of two comfort food favorites! This mouthwatering dish combines the creamy goodness of mac and cheese with the bold flavors of taco seasoning for a meal that's sure to satisfy your cravings.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 3 servings
- ½ lb lean ground beef (225 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 box Kraft® Macaroni and Cheese Blue Box Original
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk (60 mL)
- ¾ cup Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese (75 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon Cholula® Hot Sauce
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced on the bias
- Calories 703
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Bring 6 cups (1 liter) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the macaroni and cook for 7–8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the macaroni is cooking, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 5–6 minutes, until browned. Mix in 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the macaroni in a colander (do not rinse), then return to the pot over low heat. Add the butter, milk, cheese sauce mix, ¼ cup (25 G) Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese, and the remaining tablespoon of taco seasoning and stir well until creamy. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Heat the broiler to high.
- Fold the ground beef into the mac and cheese, then transfer to a medium oven-safe container. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup (100 G) Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese on top.
- Broil the mac and cheese for 2–4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the Cholula® Hot Sauce, then top with the tomato and green onion. Serve warm.