Spicy Chicken Mac And Cheese
Turn up the heat with this Spicy Chicken Mac and Cheese, a scrumptious twist on a classic comfort dish. Packed with tender chicken, zesty spices, and oozing with cheesy goodness, it's a meal that'll have everyone coming back for seconds!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 3 servings
- 1 box Kraft® Macaroni and Cheese Blue Box Original
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ¼ cup milk (60 mL)
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon Kraft® Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Cholula® Hot Sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced on the bias
- Calories 529
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Bring 6 cups (1.5 l) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the macaroni and cook for 7–8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the macaroni in a colander (do not rinse), then return to the pot over low heat. Add 4 tablespoons of butter, the milk, and cheese sauce mix and stir well until creamy. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, then add the red onion, salt, cayenne, and shredded chicken. Sauté for 1–2 minutes, or until the onion is just starting to get tender and the chicken is heated through. Mix the chicken mixture into the mac and cheese.
- Transfer the mac and cheese to a serving bowl and drizzle the Kraft® Ranch Dressing and Cholula® Hot Sauce on top, then garnish with the sliced green onion. Serve warm.