96% would make again
featured in Party Meatballs 4 Ways
Inspired by damndelicious.net
for 40 meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 lb ground pork (455 g)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- ½ cup onion (75 g), finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mirin (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce (240 mL)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- sesame seed, to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh scallion, chopped, to serve
- Calories 89
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium-size bowl mix together the beef, pork, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, eggs, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Take a walnut size of the meat mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining meat and transfer to an oiled rack on a sheet tray.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a pan on medium high heat, add the mirin, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir the mixture and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and coat them with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and scallions, poke with toothpicks, and serve!