Game Night Bites 3-Ways: Teriyaki Meatballs
These juicy teriyaki meatballs are perfect for your next game night. Made with ground beef and topped with a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce, they're the perfect party snack that everyone will love.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef (455 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange, zested
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (50 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- toasted sesame seed
- scallion, thinly sliced on the bias
- Calories 475
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the meatballs: In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, salt, scallions, panko bread crumbs, eggs, and orange zest until fully incorporated.
- Use a 1½-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet in rows of 4, leaving 1½ –2 inches of space between each meatball.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes, until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the teriyaki sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Stir the slurry into the sauce and continue to simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and, using a fork, transfer a few at a time into the sauce to coat, returning to the baking sheet between batches. Coat the meatballs in the sauce a second time, then transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced scallions. Serve warm.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.