Teriyaki Steak Roll-ups
This Asian-inspired dish takes steak to the next level! Tender flank steak is marinated in a sweet and salty teriyaki sauce, then rolled up with a colorful array of veggies like bell peppers, carrots, and scallions. Serve it over a bed of fluffy rice for a dinner that's both delicious and nutritious.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 roll-ups
- 1 lb flank steak or skirt steak (455 g)
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, optional
- 1 bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ½ zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 16 stalks asparagus, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- sesame seed, for serving
- Calories 141
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the steak in a baking dish, then add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, lime juice, and Sriracha, if using, and turn to coat the meat evenly.
- Lightly massage the marinade into the steak and cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, place a handful of toothpicks in a bowl and pour water over the toothpicks until completely submerged. Soaking will prevent toothpicks from burning.
- Once marinated, cut the steak into 8 equal rectangles. You may need to pound the steak thinner if using a thicker cut.
- Place a few slices of each of the vegetables on a slice of steak, making sure they are all about the same length.
- Roll the steak around the vegetables and secure with a toothpick.
- Boil for about one minute, take off the heat, and set aside to use as a glaze.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium high heat. Place the steak roll-ups on the pan or grates and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and use a heat-safe brush to brush with the glaze. Cook for about 1 minute longer, then return from the heat.
- Sprinkle the steak roll-ups with sesame seeds.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.