Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara
This plant-based version of a classic Italian pasta dish is both flavorful and satisfying. With creamy cashew sauce, crispy coconut bacon, and tender spaghetti noodles, this dish is sure to become a new favorite.
for 4 servings
- 12 oz spaghetti (340 g)
- 3 cups shiitake mushroom cap (225 g), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup cashews (65 g), soaked overnight
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (80 mL)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Calories 622
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss shiitake mushrooms, oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Arrange mixture on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Flip the mushrooms and continue baking for 7-8 minutes, or until mushrooms are crispy and brown.
- Cool mushroom slices on baking sheet.
- For the sauce, combine cashews, olive oil, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, milk, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and paprika in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drain water from pasta and return pasta to pot.
- Add the sauce and stir until pasta is well-coated.
- Mix in mushroom bacon.
- Top with parsley.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.