96% would make again
featured in Meatless Meatballs 4 Ways
Inspired by cooktoria.com
for 4 servings
- cooking oil, or water
- 24 oz white mushroom (680 g), finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (115 g)
- ½ cup quick-cook oats (50 g)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 2 eggs
- Calories 435
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil or water and mushrooms. Cook down until mushrooms begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and cook until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the mushroom mixture, add breadcrumbs, oats, parsley, Parmesan, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and stir to combine.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- When ready, use your hands to form 1-inch (2-cm) balls from the mushroom mixture. Place in rows on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden, flipping halfway.