91% would make again
5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
featured in 5-Ingredient Weekday Dinners
Savor the flavors of these 5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, a perfect weeknight meal that's both scrumptious and easy to whip up. With tender sweet potatoes and juicy BBQ chicken, this dish is a delightful combo that'll leave you wanting more!
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup red cabbage (100 g), shredded
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce (85 g), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Calories 559
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, carve out one of the breasts from the rotisserie chicken. If the chicken is particularly small, use both breasts. Chop the chicken breast into very small pieces and set aside.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potato. Transfer the sweet potato to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender when pierced with a paring knife or skewer.
- Add the cabbage to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the barbecue sauce and sauté until the cabbage starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken and stir just to incorporate. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Once the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, slice it in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon until a ¼-inch (6 mm) layer remains.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the chicken and cabbage filling, drizzle with barbecue sauce, and top with the sliced green onions.