Chili Cheese 2-Foot-Long Potato Skin
featured in 2-Foot-Long Potato Skin Recipes
Get ready to impress your guests with this epic Chili Cheese 2-Foot-Long Potato Skin! It's a mouthwatering twist on a classic appetizer, loaded with savory chili and gooey cheese.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 4 russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 12 oz kidney bean (340 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz diced tomato (340 g), 2 cans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz green chile (115 g), 1 can
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- sour cream, to serve
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to serve
- Calories 522
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C)
- On a baking sheet, place the 4 potatoes. Using a fork, puncture holes all around the potatoes. Bake for 1 hour until the potato gives when you press into it.
- In a pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion, and stir until golden.
- Add the garlic and ground beef, breaking up the meat into the onions and garlic.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, and green chilis, and stir to combine. 7. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside
- Once the potatoes have cooled place one on a cutting board. Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut off one of the ends of the potato. Using a spoon, scoop out the insides of the potato making sure not to scoop out too much or the potato skin will be too thin. With the remaining potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise and cut off both of the ends and scoop out the potato.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, place both ends. Place three of the skins alongside one potato end and place the other 3 potato skins alongside the other end
- Brush the potato skins with the rest of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the chili into the potato skins and packing it down into an even layer. Sprinkle the cheese over the potato skins. Bake for 5 minutes until melted.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro.