91% would make again
Apple Crumble Bread
for 6 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour (105 g)
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon Club House® Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (70 g), melted
- 3 cups all purpose flour (300 g)
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Club House® Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter (110 g), melted
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (150 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granny smith apple (100 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Club House® Ground Cinnamon
- Calories 724
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 139g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 63g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Make the crumble topping: In a medium bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, oats, Club House® Ground Cinnamon, and salt until combined. Pour in the melted butter and stir until combined and crumbly, with the consistency of wet sand. Set aside.
- Make the apple bread: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and Club House® Ground Cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and melted butter until well combined. Then, whisk in the eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the apples until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined loaf pan, smoothing the top. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter, pressing down lightly.
- Bake the apple bread for 65–75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool completely in the pan, then use the parchment to lift it out.
- While the bread cools, make the maple glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread, then sprinkle with the Club House® Ground Cinnamon. Let the glaze set, then cut the bread into 6–8 slices.