89% would make again
featured in 6 Delicious Doughnut Recipes
for 12 doughnuts
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk (50 mL)
- ⅓ cup milk (80 mL)
- 4 apples
- 2 ¼ cups sunflower oil (500 mL), for frying
- ½ cup sugar (100 g), for coating
- Calories 493
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- For the batter, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix in the egg and buttermilk.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Next, core the apples and slice vertically into doughnut-size rings. Each apple should give you about 3 rings.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan to 180˚C (350°F).
- Coat each apple ring in the batter.
- Carefully lay the doughnuts into the oil and fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel before coating in sugar.