70% would make again
featured in 4 Tasty Gift Ideas For Holiday Seasons
for 8 cookies
- 4 oz unsalted butter (115 g), softened
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 20 pieces hard candy
- sprinkles, to taste
- ¼ cup white chocolate (55 g), melted
- Calories 330
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and stir well to combine. Sift in the flour and fold until fully incorporated.
- Cover the dough with plastic and rest in a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Sprinkle flour on the work surface and rolling pin so the dough won’t stick. Roll out the dough to ¼- to ⅛-inch (6- to 3-mm) thickness. Using a 3-inch (7-cm) round cookie cutter, cut out the dough.
- Cut out center of each cookie with using a 2-inch (5-cm) round cookie cutter.
- Place the cookie on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out the sheet from the oven and place hard candies in the center of each cookies. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until the hard candy melts and spreads out.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate, about 10-15 seconds.
- For the bottom cookies, add your favorite sprinkles onto the hard candy. Take the top cookies and drizzle melted chocolate around the rims. Immediately sandwich the 2 cookies and set in fridge for 15 minutes.