85% would make again
Baked Avocado Tacos
featured in Avocado Favorites
for 6 servings
- ½ cup wheat flour (60 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat bread crumb (170 g)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 avocados
- ¾ cup plain yogurt (185 g)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup green cabbage (50 g), finely sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage (50 g), finely sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrot (55 g)
- 1 pack corn tortilla
- Calories 328
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and whisk.
- In a third bowl, add the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika, and whisk to combine.
- Halve the avocados, cutting from the stem to the base.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Remove and discard the pits. Cut each half into ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) wide slices then remove and discard the skin.
- Working with one avocado slice at a time, dip in the flour mixture, then egg, and finally bread crumbs, making sure each are fully coated.
- Place the avocado slices 1-inch (2 ½ cm) apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the avocados and continue baking until golden brown, 10 to 15 more minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic, and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- Add the red and green cabbage and the carrots to a large bowl, then stir in half of the yogurt sauce until well combined.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the avocado slices cool 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Place three avocado slices on a single tortilla and top with slaw and toppings of your choice.