77% would make again
BBQ Chicken Corn Dogs
featured in Fried Food On A Stick
for 3 servings
- 2 cups shredded chicken (250 g)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (290 g)
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 cup cornmeal (150 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- oil, for frying
- BBQ sauce, for serving
- Calories 859
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 117g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 47g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the barbecue sauce.
- On a baking sheet, portion the BBQ chicken into 3 logs and place a skewer through the chicken.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until solid.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
- Add the egg and milk, and mix until combined. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a cup.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the chicken from the freezer and gently loosen the chicken from the sheet with a fork.
- Dip the chicken skewer into the cornmeal batter until completely coated.
- Place corndog into the oil and fry for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to drain.
- Serve with BBQ sauce.
- Nutrition Calories: 2050 Fat: 172 grams Carbs: 117 grams Fiber: 4 grams Sugars: 47 grams Protein: 13 grams