Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
These crispy and delicious chicken wings are a crowd-pleasing appetizer that's perfect for game day or any gathering. The sweet and savory honey garlic sauce is easy to make and coats the pan-fried wings perfectly, making them irresistible.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 lb chicken winglets (910 g), and/or chicken drumlets
- oil, for frying
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- Calories 421
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 23g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Coat each chicken wing with a generous layer of the flour mixture.
- Pour ¼ inch (6 mm) of oil into a shallow pan, and bring it to a medium high heat.
- In small batches, fry the chicken wings for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oil and let rest on a paper towel.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the garlic and ginger.
- Add soy sauce, honey, and brown sugar to pan and reduce for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fried wings directly into the sauce pan and stir until the wings are covered in the sauce, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with scallions on top.
- Nutrition Calories: 2185 Fat: 125 grams Carbs: 192 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars: 20 grams Protein: 103 grams
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.