Sweet And Sour Pork
Experience a flavor explosion with this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe that'll transport your taste buds straight to a bustling Asian street market. This dish combines tender pork with a tangy, vibrant sauce for a meal that's sure to impress your friends and family.
for 2 servings
- ½ lb pork (200 g), chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn flour (100 g)
- 2 ½ cups oil (500 mL)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅔ cup pineapple (150 g)
- ¼ cup white caster sugar (50 g)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (50 mL)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients with the pork. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge 20 minutes.
- Place the corn flour in a large bowl and toss the marinated pork chunks until liberally coated.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the oil to 350˚F (180°C).
- Deep fry the pork pieces for about 3-4 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the pork is cooked throughout. Set aside.
- For the sauce, place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then fry the peppers until soften.
- Add in the pineapple and warm thorough.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, and ketchup, stir. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pork to the frying pan and coat everything evenly with the sauce.
- Serve top with sesame seeds.
- Nutrition Calories: 2299 Fat: 220 grams Carbs: 55 grams Fiber: 3 grams Sugars: 44 grams Protein: 35 grams
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.