Chicken Satay Skewers
featured in 12 Skewer Recipes
These juicy and flavorful chicken skewers are marinated in a blend of spices, coconut milk, and peanut butter, then grilled to perfection.
May 14, 2023
95% would make again
for 4 servings
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 g ginger (10 g), peeled
- 2 fresh Serrano chilies, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- ⅓ cup peanuts (50 g), chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk (100 mL)
- Bamboo or wooden skewer
- Calories 808
- Fat 61g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 52g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, blend the peanut butter, coconut milk, spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilies, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, salt, soy sauce, and lime juice into a smooth paste; this should make about 2 cups. Reserve half of the marinade and pour the other half over the chicken thighs. Mix and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Skewer the marinated chicken onto bamboo skewers, then arrange the skewers so their ends rest on the edges of the baking tray, allowing the chicken to be suspended. Bake the chicken skewers for 15-20 minutes, until slightly dark brown on the edges and cooked through.
- With no oil in the pan, toast the chopped peanuts on low to medium heat, stirring constantly until the peanuts turn golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Add in the reserved marinade and the coconut milk. Stir and cook until thick and very aromatic, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the sauce on the side.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.