Bake & Save Beef and Cheese Rigatoni Pasta
This hearty pasta bake is a classic comfort food, featuring tender rigatoni pasta, ground beef, gooey melted cheese, and a rich tomato sauce. It's a perfect meal for a cozy night in or for feeding a hungry crowd.
for 8 servings
- 2 lb ground beef (910 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- garlic powder, to taste
- ⅓ cup flour (40 g)
- onion powder, to taste
- 3 cups milk (710 mL)
- 2 lb rigatoni (455 g), cooked
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 24 oz marinara sauce (680 g)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (300 g)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- Calories 1077
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 102g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 68g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190˚C.)
- In a skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef with garlic powder, onion, powder, salt, & pepper. Remove from pan and drain.
- In the same pan, melt the butter, and mix with the flour until it forms a paste.
- Add the milk gradually, and bring to a boil, until it thickens into a creamy sauce. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the rigatoni with the eggs. Divide between two 9x13 inch (23x33 centimeter) baking dishes.
- Layer on the marinara, ground beef, mozzarella, white sauce, and parmesan.
- Bake both for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Cool and freeze extra casserole up to 2 months. (To cook, transfer to the refrigerator overnight. Bake covered at 375°F (190°C) for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.)
- Nutrition Calories: 1916 Fat: 61 grams Carbs: 223 grams Fiber: 12 grams Sugars: 21 grams Protein: 110 grams
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.