Seeded Pumpkin Breakfast Bread
Seed-filled Pumpkin Breakfast Bread is a cozy and comforting breakfast treat that is perfect for chilly fall mornings. The pumpkin puree adds a hint of sweetness and the seeds provide a satisfying crunch.
for 8 servings
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts (150 g), halves, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup raw pepitas (150 g)
- ¼ cup chia seeds (45 g)
- 1 cup dried fig (160 g), sliced
- ½ cup flaxseed (85 g)
- 2 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oat (220 g)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 15 oz unsweetened pumpkin puree (450 g)
- 1 cup almond milk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- ½ cup maple syrup (170 g)
- ⅓ cup flaxseed meal (55 g)
- Calories 557
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the walnuts and pepitas to the prepared baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the toasted walnuts and pepitas, chia seeds, figs, flaxseeds, oats, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, almond milk, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Then, add the flaxseed meal and dry ingredients and stir with a spatula to incorporate. The “dough” will be moist and somewhat loose.
- Transfer the batter to a 9x5-inch (23x13 cm) loaf pan, packing it into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. The loaf will become very browned during baking. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Nutrition Calories: 4929 Fat: 289 grams Sodium : 373mg Carbs: 504 grams Fiber: 140 grams Sugars: 162 grams Protein: 132 grams
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.