92% would make again
Beef And Cheese Empanada
featured in Empanadas 4 Ways
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese (35 g)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 sheets pie dough
- sesame seed
- Calories 426
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook down onions until translucent.
- Add meat, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper, and cook until meat is fully cooked. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine cheese, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into 4 pieces.
- Place a spoonful of the stuffing on one side of the dough, leaving ¼ inch (6 mm) from the edge and fold over, creating a triangle.
- With a fork, crimp down the 2 sides so the stuffing stays in.
- Transfer onto baking sheet. Brush on egg and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and pie crust is thoroughly cooked.
- Let it cool for a few minutes