91% would make again
Beer-Battered Crispy Fried Chicken Strips
featured in 5 Recipes For Fried Chicken Lovers
for 2 servings
- 1 cup salted crisp (100 g)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup beer (100 mL)
- ¾ cup plain flour (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- salt, to season
- pepper, to season
- oil, for frying
- ¼ cup ketchup (60 mL), to serve
- 4 oz chip (115 g), to serve
- Calories 943
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 91g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour the crisps into a ziplock bag and smash into pieces using a rolling pin.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a pot of oil to 350˚F (180˚C)
- Mix all the beer batter ingredients in a bowl until combined, careful not to overmix.
- Cut the chicken into strips and coat well in the batter, then the crisp coating.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to some paper towel to soak up some of the excess oil.
- Serve with chips, your favourite sauces and leftover beer.