90% would make again
Birthday Cake By Jackson
featured in 5 Ways To Make Your Cake and Eat It Too
for 12 servings
- 1 cup butter (230 g), softened, plus more for pans
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour (375 g), plus more for pans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- 1 pt heavy cream (480 mL)
- 1 pt strawberry (300 g), thinly sliced
- 3 kiwis, sliced
- ½ cup blackberry (75 g)
- ½ cup blueberry (50 g)
- Calories 520
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 48g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Generously butter and flour two 9-inch (23 cm) baking pans. Divide batter between both, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven, cool completely, and transfer to wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form when removing the beaters.
- Top bottom layer of cake with whipped cream, then kiwi and strawberry, then more whipped cream. Place the top layer of cake. Cover entire cake with whipped cream and fruit.