92% would make again
Mint Chocolate Cookie Dome Cake
featured in 5 Desserts for Mint Chocolate Lovers
This Mint Chocolate Cookie Dome is quick to assemble and will have everyone talking. The cookies give crunch on the outside, the brownie serves as a soft chewy base, and the mousse inside perfectly balances mint flavor and sweetness. Serve it at a fun dinner party or even a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Inspired by tasty.co
for 8 servings
- 10 oz brownie mix (285 g), 1 box, batter prepared according to package instructions
- 3 ¼ cups heavy cream (780 mL), plus 1/2 (120 ml) cup, hot, divided
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 3 drops green gel food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chip (175 g)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (175 g)
- 30 mint chocolate cookies, crushed plus 45 whole, divided
- fresh mint leaf, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the package instructions. Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch (22 cm) round cake pan. Bake according to the package instructions, about 30 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cold heavy cream with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in the peppermint extract, sugar, and green food coloring with a rubber spatula until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, pour the hot heavy cream over the white chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Fold the white chocolate mixture into the whipped cream until no streaks remain. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and crushed mint chocolate cookies.
- Line a 10-inch (25 cm) diameter bowl with the whole mint chocolate cookies. Carefully pour the whipped cream mixture over the cookies and spread evenly. Place the brownie upside down on top and lightly press into the cream.
- Cover and freeze until solid, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Invert the bowl onto a serving plate and let the the ice cream dome to release from the bowl. Slice and serve, garnished with fresh mint.